"Slow down. The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel
too fast and you miss all you are traveling for".  - "Ride the Dark
Trail" by Louis L'Amour

On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:30 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A product called Orvis (sold in tack & saddle shops for grooming horses) is what I used ages ago.

----- Original Message -----
From: AVCHASE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 7:29 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Whitening age-yellowed fabric
To: h-costume posts <h-costume@mail.indra.com>

Things my Grandmother told me: wash the garment in a mild soap (
not detergent) and warm water, rinse, roll in towel to remove
excess water, squeezing gently. Lay on green grass in the sun
turning from time to time. If still yellow, soak, after wetting
in plain water, in a mild solution of bleach for five to ten
minutes; rinse throughly and line dry in strong sun. She had no
comment about what to do if that failed other then to try the
washing again. She warned about the bleach as the fabric might
disintegrate.I think it would be easier to buy one.
Audy

in the high boonies of Central Texas