Yeah, I wondered about this also - the fact that it is a biblical
representation of an event, and that the Misanthrope is an "allegory" - even
the Alchemist - is a fanciful subject - though I guess back then they might
have believed in some of it.

I don't know much about his style of painting, but most of the other clothing
appears appropriate for the period.

Sg:> > http://www.wga.hu/art/r/reymersw/mchanger.jpg> > Which also shows a very
raggedy-dagged chaperon; sort of the last gasp > of the fashion, I think, to
have it so crazy/wild dagged.> > Any chance that since the 1567 is about a
Biblical character, that the > figure you are interested in is dressed in "old
timey" clothing? I > don't know enough about the painting to make that guess,
perhaps you > can, though.> > cv> (Copying you directly, also, as my H-costume
email tends to bounce.)> -- > Vandeverre's Emporium, Caledon II: for a subset
of your Victorian Second > Life