----- Original Message ----- From: "Dawn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Some of those books really are not that bad.
Although most of the books listed date from the 40's to the 70's and have been out of print for decades, they still show up and can be useful sources.

Along those lines, as I am busy spending scads of time looking for wills & inventories on Google books, I'd like to make sure that people don't get confused and think that everything written on historical matters during the era of Bad Costuming Books is worthless. People in the 19th century seemed to have a positive mania for transcribing very useful historical documents.

-E House