Oooooo! I want one!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of MaggiRos
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:03 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] Compendium going to print

Hi gang,

It's a little early to be promoting this, I suppose, but I thought some of
you would like to know that finally I've been nudged sufficiently and have
the resources at last to Just Do It: self-publish the Compendium of Common
Knowledge, 1558-1603, otherwise available as
http://elizabethan.org/compendium --yes, ISBN and index and everything.

I've even hired a professional book designer(someone whose work I know), so
it will be properly typeset and actually look like a real book, as well as
be one. It should be ready sometime this summer as a trade paperback via
Print On Demand (printer still TBD).
That means you'll order it online and they'll make you a proper bound copy
and send it to you.  Can't say what the price will be yet, of course, but
I'll keep it as reasonable as possible. After all, we're giving it away
online every day. :-)

Not a lot of costume content, I know, but hey, all those Elizabethans need
some context! More news as it becomes available,

MaggiRos

Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was
burning when we got here.

Anon.