I've used both Fettered Cock and Billie and Charlie's. Nice stuff. FC
pieces are generally a bit heavier than B&C's. Excellent customer service
from both, very nice work. Mark de Gaulker's work is stellar (he's a
fellow An Tirian). He puts out a lot of jeweler's quality work as well, a
little pricey at times but so worth it!

Belt questions: I have a very nice long leather belt that I bought from
one of our local merchants. I'm going to use saddle soap to soften it up,
but it is quite stiff--is there anything else I can do, short of having
my dogs chew on it?

Also, how long would a medieval lady's belt be? I need to trim it but am
unsure of how much to take off.

Thanks!
Arlys