> About how many costume/fashion related books or magazines do you own?

100+  200?  Haven't really counted them, and the collection spills over
into art books, so I'm not sure where to draw the line.

> What was the first one you purchased?  Where did you purchase it?

Braun& Schneider, I think I got it in a regular book shop. Still have
it, love the plates.

> What was your most recent purchase?

Vols 1 & 2 of Medieval Clothing and Textiles.

> What do you think was the best deal that you have every made when purchasing
> a publication?

I got Payne's History of Costume for $1 at one of those huge used book
sales. I also got QEWU a few years back when Amazon.uk marked it down to
$50.

> About how many period photographs do you own just for the costuming?

Don't collect photos, but have several books of them.

> What book or magazine is your most treasured...if your house was on fire, you
> would take it with you.

The costume books would be the last thing on my mind.... but if I could
only pick one or two to keep it'd be a tough choice among the various
Janet Arnold books, Cut of ___ Clothing, and a couple of "big heavy art
books".

> What is the worse costume book that you own?  I know Robin has a collection!

Hmmn. Several choices, but I think Agony of Fashion is probably it.

> How many sewing machines do you own?  What types and age?

I have a VH Lily for regular use. My grandmother's 60's era Kenmore and
table. Another 60's era White in a box somewhere, and a cheap Elna for
when I need something portable.  Oh, and a vintage 30's-40's machine in
a lovely mahogany table.

> How many sewing patterns do you own?

At least 12 pattern boxes full.

Time to come clean...What was the most price of  you have ever paid for a book,
collection of work, etc.

I paid $100 for 4 authentic Victorian era paper patterns that I still
haven't done anything with.

Dawn