I don't know about Image 1, but Image 2 is bordered by
what my Grandmother called lattice work. I don't know
if that is general usage, but that is what I know it
to be.

--- Penny Ladnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1.  Image:
> http://www.costumegallery.com/temp/P1030368.jpg .
> This is a skirt section of a dress.   The overdress
> has two panels hanging from the waist.  They are
> gathered on the hanging end and married by a
> rosette.  My questions: Is there a period term for
> these hanging panels?  I know I have seen this same
> type of treatment for curtains.  But I can not even
> recall the name for this type of curtains.
>
> 2. Image:
> http://www.costumegallery.com/temp/P1030429.jpg .
> These medallions are borders on a three-tiered net
> dress.  My question:  What is the name of the type
> of hand-crochet around the medallions?  It is a
> cotton thread very similar what is used on doilies.
> I am so embarrassed that I can't remember this term.
> I have made this type of crochet so many times.  It
> is made by using a double or triple crochet, then
> chain two or three and then repeat.  There are three
> rows of this type of crochet around each medallion.
>

> Penny Ladnier,
> Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
> www.costumegallery.com
> www.costumelibrary.com
> www.costumeclassroom.com
> www.costumeencyclopedia.com

Rebecca Burch
Center Valley Farm
Duncan Falls, Ohio, USA

The only twelve steps I'm interested in are the ones between the flat folds and
the brocades.  --Anonymous Costumer--