One more time...Rebecca suggested lattice crochet.  I found this example of
a lattice bookmark:
http://www.yarncat.com/mybookmark.html .  This example does look like what
is on the dress.  But other images that I found on
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/search.php look kinda like the pattern
but not as much as the fillet pattern.  Are both these patterns similar?
Which would be the proper term to call the pattern on the dress?  I am so
confused.

Does anyone know the website to change your membership status for the
historic needlework email list?  I know there are h-costumers that are on
h-needlework.  I changed to no mail when I was out of town, and lost my
email with directions to change back my status to receiving mail.

Penny Ladnier,
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
www.costumelibrary.com