I recently purchased a great short fur coat for $10, unfortunately, it smells of body odor and cigarette smoke. How do I get this smell out of the fur? I had thought of brushing baking soda through it, letting it sit for a while in a bag, then vacuuming it out and then letting it sit again with some aromatic herb sachets. Will this work or should I do something else?

I think I've read that cornmeal can be used on fur, but personally, I'd have it professionally cleaned. If it was just the smoke smell, you could air it out on a covered porch or clothesline, but body odor means sweat and skin oils.

Denise B