Marion McNealy wrote:
I recently purchased a great short fur coat for $10, unfortunately, it smells
of body odor and cigarette smoke. How do I get this smell out of the fur? I had
thought of brushing baking soda through it, letting it sit for a while in a
bag, then vacuuming it out and then letting it sit again with some aromatic
herb sachets. Will this work or should I do something else?

When in doubt, try the old theatrical wardrobe trick (but start with a test swatch). Mix up equal parts vodka and water. Put in a spray-mister. Mist the lining lightly. Let air out. Repeat. I'm not sure how the fur and skin itself would stand up to this, though, if you did the outside too.

Another good trick is to put it in a closet with one of those Sharper Image ionic air cleaners for a few days. We did that with a very smoky leather jacket and the smell just went away.

andy