Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For all of your replies...you have all been
very, VERY helpful and have given me a lot to think about.

I think I will start out by creating a portfolio...I've already begun
collecting photos onto my computer of my stuff.

As for family/friends support...that was part of the reason I may end up in
either NY (not near the city) or NC...I have parents in NY and a sister in
NC. Since things are still "up in the air" at present, I haven't made a
decision either way. More than likely I won't be staying in California
because of the situation, not really having that support and the sheer cost
of living here. That kind of also complicates the issue of "living in a
city" where these kinds of jobs are available. I don't really relish the
idea of living in a city, and ESPECIALLY not in LA, Chicago or NY...LOL! I'm
a small town girl and large cities make me nervous and paranoid.

I have two boys, but my oldest is 20 (so I don't have to worry about him)
and my youngest is just about 14....so it's not like I have small children,
thank God.

I never thought about being a Wedding Planner....I will have to look into
that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ginni, I am in Roseville; however, I may not be staying here...not sure at
this point. I appreciate your offer and will keep it in mind.

Right now, I'm just kind of preparing for the worst in my situation and
gathering information.

I am going to print out all of your responses and keep them with me....thank
you and thank you for the support and encouragement!

                   .
                  /'
                 //
             .  //