You guys know wool better than any sewing list I belong to...
I know that some of this has been covered previously, but I had no luck finding
it in the archives (I am only semi computer literate).

I have two questions about this fabric:
http://tinyurl.com/5bwd3h

1) I am going to make a coat for my 16 year old daughter (some of you may
remember I just did this last spring
[http://laswa.livejournal.com/24074.html#cutid1]), but she wore it in the rain
and her father's girlfriend threw it in the dryer and it shrank down too much
to use.  Sigh.  Is it practicable to pre-shrink the fabric enough to prevent
this happening again?  And still have the fabric be usable (ie not wavy and
weird to work with)?

2) The color is a little loud for even her, so I would like to overdye it, to
perhaps one of these two shades.  I know dyeing is always a bit unpredicatable,
but how do I guess what color to overdye with to get what shade?

http://tinyurl.com/5hbaw6

http://tinyurl.com/6f29yg

Thanks so much,
Laurie