Just returned form Ireland.

Museum of Ireland - Archaeology (Kildare St, Dublin) has the Shinrone gown and men's clothing from bogs on display in a room off the 1st floor. late 16th/ early 17th C. also some things in the medieval section on the 2nd floor. Museum of Ireland- Decorative Arts (Collins Barracks, Dublin) has a display of 20th C clothing and some 19th C things in the general collection. The office of the textile conservator for the system is also located here. Museum of Country Life has some early 20th C things on display including Traditional/Folk clothing from the Aran Islands and a nice display of sweaters. Bunratty Castle has some early 16th portraits. Please be aware that photography is generally forbidden in Irish Museums.

Beth Matney

At 01:00 PM 10/2/2008, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:09:29 +1000
From: "Elizabeth Walpole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everyone,
I'm in the early planning stages of a Holliday to the UK about this time
next year and I'm trying to work out what I should visit, I'm spending a
week in London with friends and after that point I'm planning to spend
another 2 or 3 weeks around the UK & Ireland. the London part of my trip is
fairly firmly planned but for the rest of the UK & Ireland I've only got
Bath, Stratford on Avon, Warwick Castle, and Hampton Court definitely on my
list so far, so what else would you suggest for a costumer and Tudor history
nut?
Elizabeth