Hi,
Can anyone tell me what happens to silk taffeta when it is washed in soap and
water? I have machine washed and dried a lot of silk dupioni, and am very
pleased with the fabric that results (it shrinks a lot, but the resulting
fabric is thus denser and more closely-woven; the colors and shine don't seem
to be hurt by the process, but it is softer) and of course I wash silk crepe
blouses all the time. And I will probably just run the experiment on some
taffeta to find out for myself; but I would be grateful for information on what
to expect if anyone has experince to share. Does it lose all crispness?

Thanks!
Lauren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.timetraveltextiles.com