embroidery."

De: This statement was for the hint of gold on the cuff, caps and bodice
only.

"The bodice, if you enlarge the pictures appears to be pleated."

De: Was only commenting on the bodice as I agree with the pleating of the
caps and cuffs.

The gold "band" could be beads (similar to modern treatment of pony beads on
Ts. But it could be a ribbon and because of the tight pleating you do not
see the ribbon part in the valleys. Her right caps could be either but her
cuff looks more ribbon like then beads.
Whichever technique is chosen, I agree that it is a beautiful dress.