Thank you so much for the suggestion on the flat rate shipping box, that would probably make the most sense. I wasn't able to get photos of the fabric today because the batteries in the camera are dead, also because it was really dreary outside and the lighting in my house is very dim so I am hoping to get up bright and early and take good photos of each kind, plus actually go through how much there is. As for knowing exactly what type of plaid or weave I am afraid I am not very knowledgable on types of fabrics, all I know is that it is taffeta and it was told by the sales person it is acetate. However, it really is very crisp and I have never come across anything like it before so I went crazy when I found it, but now I have no use for it and thought someone else would have better use of it than I. Some of it does have sheen to it, most of it has a little sheen. I have a beautiful pink on pink plaid, one is like a white with a soft goldish plaid which is my favourite, that I bought everything they had and have it rolled up on the tube, there is about 30 yds of that and I was hoping to keep enough just to use for myself one day on a bustle gown. The kind I have the least amount of and wanted to use in a winter velvet/tafffeta bustle ensemble is a taffeta in deep rust colours and certainly the most vibrant. It falls into both the brown and maroon families and has just the most lively sheen. The accuracy or period correctness of these fabrics is not necessarily there however and I know if used on any project they'd likely be much better suited for an earlier style, 1850s or 1840s, but I don't usually aim for incredibly authentic fabric when making things for myself, just so long as they look nice. I was hoping to sell it for $6 a yd which I think is pretty good, that way I just get my money back from the purchase. Being that it is 60inches it it certainly will go alot farther than the taffeta they sell at places like JoAnn that are only 45" and is much more rare I think. I'll be sure to keep posted and get pics up along with total yardage. There is also a purple on purple and a white with pink plaid, I'm not sure if I want to get rid of that yet but if anyone is interested let me know, they seem the least authentic to me.
Talk soon and thank you all:)
-Justine J.