Hmm, I can see what you are saying.  You'd have to "train the gore" to lie like
that right?  I mean when I put a gore in it usually doesn't fold up on itself
like that.  This  looks like it comes to a point on the outside and the
underlying fabric is tucked back underneath it like a pleat almost creating a
facing for the slit/point.  Now, on the other hand, I recently draped some wool
where it did just this.

The only reason I am pushing the point, is I like the look but am suspicious of
the authenticity of the way it is made/looks.

Sg