From: stils...@netspace.net.au
To: Historical Costume <>
Sent: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 7:42 pm
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Hook & Eye closures (was Club for enthusiasts o...)

> Ps: does anyone know a really easy way to securely and
> evenly attach the corresponding hooks of hook and eye
Have you tried hook and eye tape? I've seen two kinds, one is rather
flimsy,
studs. I've heard it works well, but I've not bought any yet. I tend

Hook and eye tape is great, even used for corsetry during the Roman empire,
according to "Gladiator".

It is easy to use for a good line-up of hooks and eyes. The colours of the tape are limited but you can usually dye the white stuff to suit. You can also place the stuff inside your garment with only the metal showing if you are very
careful.

The only real problem comes with machine sewing, the studs can be lumpy under
the machine foot or push you off course; try a one-sided foot,

-C.