At 19:47 11/04/2009, you wrote:
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM,  <ladybeanofbun...@aol.com> wrote:
> I don't know if any of you have ever come across these, but on one of my
> period gowns from the 1880's the bodice closes with little black hooks and
> eyes that are quite unsual, and hard to explain, but the hook slides over
> and the eyes or bars have like a flap so that when the hook slides over it
> catches with ease and closes automatically and holds it tight so it won't
> pop open again!

Any chance you could upload pictures?

I have some of these I think - a couple of cards full! I'll try and put a picture somewhere.

Incidentally, I hate hook and eye tape - it can come apart at crucial moments, especially in theatre or stage shows. When I worked for the RSC they wouldn't use it, after a couple of "accidents"!

Suzi

-E House