You will find several variation of construction of this outfit. It is
refered to in German Recreatator circles as the Cranach gown because most of
Cranach's paintings have this style and the gown is refered to as the Saxon
Gown because the style is mostly seen in paintings associated with Saxony.

http://www.alyxxndon.com/Alyxx/SaxonDiary.htm

Portraits
http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/1500.htm
http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/1510.htm
http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/1520.htm
http://frazzledfrau.glittersweet.com/1530.htm

I have seen a white "bib"/plastron(?) attached to the front section (side to
side) of the skirt leaving openings on the sides of the skirt to reach under
for a pouch. The bodice connected to the back section of the skirt acts like
a jacket and comes around and laces in the white "bib". The fancy, usually
embroidered band can be attached to the "bib" or can be a strip that is
attached to the jacket.

These are a few person's theories
http://tinyurl.com/n45u86
http://www.booksnthreads.com/Costumes/ren/german_ren.html