I've documented the gown from start to now and hopefully to the end. I'll add
this information to the documentation of it. Thanks.

My cloth isn't red and gold but an orange-pinkish fabric with the same pattern
as that in the portrait. Jacquard or brocade... it looks very similar. Who
wouldn't want a gown of fine spun gold thread and deep rich red silk. Sure bet
it never had a strain in a seam to fix!

I did find out some things on a Lady Jane Grey site that told about how these
portraits were painted as bethrothal gift before a marriage. Maybe that was why
it was given to her... as a precursor to a good marriage arrangement by her
brother or father.

Sincerely, Rebecca Rautine