I remember someone saying something about that long ago. I think it was barely
seen as some kind of  hidden thing between her and her brother since he was the
one that gave the painting to her...or so I'm told. All her jewelry is gold,
but I can't see much of the bracelet, except that it has little beading similar
to the gold beading used with enamel work. I don't know the term, but it uses
tiny gold beads to make lines and filled in areas. VERY DELICATE looking.All
her rings match the ouches. Her gown fabric would have been a jacquard I think
so it would have been expensive. THe massive pearls would have been
expensive...all showing she had rich roots even if she didn't become queen.
Family money to those who might want the ear of the king by marrying his
daughter.
Also in similar patterns of pearls in other Tudor portraits, Elizabeth had many
more pearls in the grouping. I count 6 smaller ones with 2 larger pearls
sitting on them. In one of Mary, I think, it's 4 small and 1 large. There are
others with the pearl group and ouches in a set pattern so I can compare them
in needed or just to kill time.
Someone suggested that the open blank book was to support her religious
background and not favor any religion since there was a break with the Catholic
Church at that time. Her finger in the book also showed that she was devote and
a worthy wife-to-be. It might have been propaganda for future husbands, just in
case she wasn't to be queen one day. A bargining chip in negotiations.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Rautine