> I was at Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia from
> 1964-1966.

<major snippage>

This all sounds like what many people were doing when I was in High School
in southern CA. then, except for the church and white gloves part.  The
Beach Boys, and the (male) surfer crowd in southern CA, looked like Grunge,
with jeans, plaid flannel shirts, t-shirts with silk-screened something on
them, and hair that touched their shirt collars.  The first decorated
t-shirts were silk-screened.

--
Carolyn Kayta Barrows