From: A. Thurman <athur...@gmail.com>
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Sent: Thu, Mar 4, 2010 1:17 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Question: Regency trains?

I'm looking to make my first (non-fantasy-tinged) Regency gown, out of
hite on white windowpane cotton.
I am finding that during my target time period (1800-1810) many (all?)
resses had a train, even for day.
I'm considering eliminating this to reduce wear and tear (it's fine
hite fabric after all), but if I choose to make one, what can I do to
inimize damage? Is it documented to include a lining, or loop the
rain up, or detach it in some way? Arnold and Bradfield aren't
howing much so far, except for looped-up riding gowns, which isn't
he style I'm after.
Thoughts?
And thanks in advance,
Allison T.