------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 03:08:54 -0800
From: K?the Barrows <kay...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] What's your dressmaker's dummy wearing?

> Strictly speaking it's now autumn here

Australia?  The one time I visited Australia was around Easter (autumn
down there).  In Sydney I bought my copy of Nancy Bradfield's book
with the drawings of real garments, in Adelaide I got a c.1912 parasol
really cheap in an op-shop (=thrift store), and in Perth I picked up
many yards of nice cotton sateen, and visited a monastery to look at
the antique vestments on display in their museum.

--
Carolyn Kayta Barrows
--

Yep, Australia. Adelaide to be specific. Although I was in Canberra when I

Angharad