Indeed, but that does not mean a woman would want to put greasy and wet foods in them to stain her undergarments and dress.

Fran

On 6/8/2010 11:11 PM, Aylwen Gardiner-Garden wrote:
The pockets used in the 18th century were still used well into the Victorian
period. They are quite substantial in size, and tied around the waist under
the skirt. I have a regency-era pocket, and have seen victorian ones when I
went to England last year.
Bye for now,

Aylwen