I know the book, it is originally written in Czech but has been translated into
French and English (at least). I don't remember whether there are some coloured
pictures, but if they are, there aren't many, most of it is black and white.
There are no redrawings, only original art, but the quality of the pictures
isn't as good as todays books - the book is actually quite old, but has been
re-published. Ludmila Kybalova is the leading "expert" in costume history in
the Czech Republic, she has written other books on the topic that haven't been
translated. Personally, I think her texts aren't worth reading, at least they
are too boring and sometimes misleading. A bit too global, nothing goes into
detail, and if it does, it is questionable. She is not exact in her theories,
she has little proves to what she says. Nevertheless I own some of her books
and I do lurk into them - there is still some good info, although it's mainly
the pictures, not the text.

Hope this helps,

Zuzana