If you look on ebay you will probably be able to see most of the costumes by
searching for "Barbie".
-----Original Message-----
From: "Natalie" <natali...@gmail.com>
Sent 1/16/2011 10:17:21 PM
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] historical costume in miniatureI was unaware of the
series of Historical Costumes for Barbie. I have
tried to google every thing I could think of during my search for Barbie
in historical dress, but my searches did not find much, with exceptions
made for a very few one-of-a-kind garments. Lots for 15"-16" dolls.
Could you give me some links? I'd be interested in seeing the books too,
just so I know what is out there. I'd love to see your pictures of your
collection, if you have them somewhere to share?
My intention, to answer Kathleen and Denise's question, is to create
historically accurate clothing for Barbie, within the time and effort
constraints that I currently have. Meaning, I want them to look good, be
reasonably accurate, and have all appropriate layers, but I'm not going
to hand stitch everything nor agonize over fabric choices (too much!)
and will make concessions. I also have to take into consideration that I
have much of my time taken up by 2 boys under 3, so I have limited
sewing time... to make any progress at all, some concessions have to be
made :)
Thank you so much for all of your input so far. It has been so great!
Natalie