I have sewn Indian garnets and (horrors!) thousands of 2nd grade rice pearls
onto a forepart. The forepart was dry cleaned several times over a few years
of wear and I had no problems with either; however, I used to have a very
special dryclean company that has since gone the way of all good, family
companies.

Both the people at Fire Mountain Beads and RIngs and Things suggest that
testing be done to any beads or stones before sewing to garments because the
dye may wash out and ruin your garment. Perhaps you can sew one of the
stones to the inside hem of something you're about to dry clean and see if
the color is stable.

If you do sew them onto something, I suggest you make a knot between every
3-4 beads, so that if the stone shreds the thread, you only lose a few
beads.

LynnD