From: REBECCA BURCH <ctrvlyf...@sbcglobal.net>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 5, 2011 12:30 pm
Subject: Re: [h-cost] What's your dressmaker's dummy wearing today?

If you have any Amish or Mennonite communities nearby you are in luck. I get 10
ound sacks of canning (non-iodized) salt from the local Mennonite bulk store.
his is also where I get pounds of cloves, alspice and stick cinnamon for the
oliday pommanders that I make every Christmas. Much cheaper than all those
ittle bottles from the grocery.
Rebecca Burch
enter Valley Farm
uncan Falls, Ohio, USA
The only twelve steps I'm interested in are the ones between the flat folds and
he brocades.  --Anonymous Costumer--

 To: h-cost...@indra.com
 Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 9:43 AM

 <chuckle> Well, if its an archaeological dig that
 you're wanting... hmmm...on top...

 my green resist dye dashiki whose fraying seam allowances
 need work

 new black pants for shortening

 old black & tans striped pants for waist elastic

 deep red shirt with loads of braid from a friend's trip to
 Greece to be disasembled & cut down 2 sizes - without
 disturbing the braid!

 a VERY odd black leatherette cropped jacket which Dear
 Hubby spotted in a second hand shop& INSISTED I must buy
 if it fit, "that's part of some costume, I know it, and
 you'll never find anything like it when you need it" despite
 my policy of "NO NEW PROJECTS! Tanjd@mmit!" and his policy
 of "No conventions, I want to do other vacations for a
 while!".  So, why do I need a costume piece I have NO
 glimmer of an inspiration for?  To go to the bottom of
 an at least 15 outfit list, for destinations that we won't
 be going to for at least 5 years? <sigh>

 and finally, Dear Hubby's pirate costume shirt from last
 Halloween, whose cuff & buttons never got done when my
 buttonhole feature revolted.  (Praise the holy name of
 the saint who invented safety pins!)

 Do the dozen knitted scarves in the basket in the laundry
 room count?  They are the almost completed summer stash
 reduction project.  How about the basket full of
 clothes awaiting their dyebath?  I gotta find a grocery
 store with NONiodized salt for the dyebath.  Pounds and
 Pounds of it.!

 And I have cleared at least 1 square meter of sewing room
 floor this last week!!!

 Back to my mending!

 Mary Piero Carey