On 01/12/2012 03:02 PM, lili...@earthlink.net wrote:

I have not yet found the "perfect" tool for marking on white and other very
light fabric.

I sometimes use soft school kid's chalk in a somewhat darker color (i tend to use a medium blue),

but i worry about it staining the fabric. I also sometimes use a very soft graphite pencil when i am certain the lines will be hidden by the stitching.

You do know that they make tailor's chalk in light blue, as well as white? The Joann's near me sells them in a two pack (one white, one blue) for less than $3.00.

--
Cathy Raymond
ca...@thyrsus.com

"Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state."
--Thomas de Quincey