> > Instead of using a regular pencil sharpener, try using one made for
> > eyebrow,
> > eyeliner or eye shadow pencils. I don't know why, but they give you a
> much
> > better point that doesn't break as easily.

That's because the cutting angle is different. The regular pencil
sharpeners produce a pointier angle; they get away with it because regular
pencil lead is tougher. For softer materials, you want something that will
hold up better, so the cutting angle is wider. They also sell combined
big/small sharpeners at fabric stores, and those usually have pretty much
the same angle as an eyeshadow sharpener.