I remember 1958 blue as being almost a "powder" blue with lavender highlights when seen at an angle. Quite a lovely subtle color. And the fabric turned bright pink when ironed, and cooled to its original blue.

==Marjorie (who was too young to get to wear any of that!)

On Jan 26, 2012, at 5:46 PM, Margaret Decker wrote:

My 1958 prom dress was very simple. White floor length, netting over satin full skirt with a strapless top of satin with the netting in tiny vertical folds covering it.
I hadn't thought of it in years.
Margaret
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bambi TBNL" <hippy_dippy_dan...@yahoo.com >
To: <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 1958 prom dress

Thru bottom would show only is it was either the same color as the rest of the gown ^i.e. Pale blue satin scaled skirt with a pale blue under skirt that mmaybe peaked out of the scallops and maybe but not always blue Tue rushing somewhere else like in a cassette ay the waist or shoulder. My cousins was like this only butter yellow and she graduated in 1958