From: Galadriel <galadrielfi...@yahoo.com>
To: h-costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 7, 2012 9:10 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Corset class recommendations

Hi, all.

I agreed to teach a class at the local university while the regular teacher is
on sabbatical.  We're doing corsets in spring and the way the class has been
set
up in the past, the students pay a course fee for supplies, buy their own
fabric, and then get to make corsets they can take home with them.

So the problem is that I have 2 male students.  I haven't discussed it with
them
but I was almost hoping they'd want to go ahead and make male corsets.  I
thought it would be interesting to watch the process.  But if they don't want
do it, I have a problem.  Additionally, I have a female student who dresses
solely in male clothes and has expressed that she doesn't want to make a corset
for herself.

Is there anything anyone can think of that will teach the same principles
(patterning and fitting a shaping garment, how to make a structured garment)
without being a corset, per se?  I'm kind of at a loss.  The female student
suggested boned gaiters but I didn't think that was challenging enough,
pattern-wise.

Any awesome brainstorms would be appreciated!

--Rachel, back to lurking