I have used this one a lot for theatre use. Goes together quickly.

Kate Pinner

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Melody Watts
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 7:47 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Civil War Frock Coat Pattern? my fav...

Since no one has answered this, I will get the ball rolling (so everyone who
didn't answer can tell me what crap these patterns are,cause they are "Big  3"
patterns  ) but I have used this one with success, McCalls M6143. It is a multi
size pattern for kids and adults,has 4 "American Heros" in it "Uncle Sam,Statue
of Liberty, Tom Jefferson " and Abe Lincoln"
 The Abe Lincoln pattern is a simple to put together Frock type coat ,that
turns out quite well. I used this to make my then Teenage son a Black Frock
coat as  featured on the main characters in the 1990's movie "Tombstone". I
used a havy canvas /slubby linen for a more "Cowboy" ,less "Townie" look. He
still has it ,and he's 35. You can use better material,line it and add fancy
buttons, It is simple and  not compliccated to use.
McCalls's also offeres a  mens Civil war  Officers Jacket  M4745. Has 2
vaariations.
Now, let the opionions begin...
melody