Watching news tonight, noticed, again, some woman on national TV, a
national-level government consultant (!) -- her hair looks like a wet string
mop. Like she's been dressing her hair with olive oil to make it look greasy &
stringy ON PURPOSE. Or MAYBE? this is supposed to look like it's still dripping
wet from washing? And the wearer just has more important things to do with her
valuable time than dry it before she leaves the house...  But filthy-greasy is
what it looks like more often, to me.

Kind of a "Gordon Gecco/Mitt Romney" greased-back thing?, but, on women, with
much longer lengths. And not usually slicked straight back, but center or
side-parted, so more of the greased-out parts show around the face and
shoulders. WHY would one want their well-made-up face framed with greasy (=>
DIRTY) hair?

I think maybe I've seen Jennifer Anniston's hair in this condition; am pretty
sure that I've seen Hillary Clinton's hair in this state, but she at least has
the excuse of a crazy-busy schedule which might, on occasion, keep her hair
unwashed for longer than she might prefer. But I've also seen a LOT of women
with their hair in this condition, both in the media and in real life.

Does anyone have an opinion on WHY anyone would ever appear in public looking
like they hadn't washed their hair in 3 weeks, and apparently think it's a GOOD
look???

thanks much!
chimene the sometimes clueless