If you're going to be near San Francisco at all, I attend Renaissance dance
class every Tuesday in Alameda. It would be fun to compare dances.
Sharon Collier

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Aylwen Gardiner-Garden
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:05 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Travelling to the US, August 2013

Yes - you're right. At this stage I have listed Kentucky, Williamsburg,
Connecticut,  Massachusetts and am branching out from there. We're hoping to
teach dance workshops and/or call a dance for friends who can billet us and
help with some monetary contributions that can help pay towards our air
fares.
Era-wise we teach dances from 1450 Renaissance through to 1900 Vintage Dance
- all the styles in between. Costume-wise, I will probably just be taking my
regency and 1780s costumes as we'll be heading to the UK and the Jane Austen
Festival in Bath at the end.
Costume-wise - you probably already have enough experts out there teaching
georgian and regency stays and costume workshops, but that is what am
teaching a lot of here. I teach other eras but not as much.
Costume Event-wise - I attend as many historical costume
talks/workshops/displays as possible by others because I am really keen to
learn.

Hope that helps a bit more to give you a clearer picture.

*Aylwen Gardiner-Garden*
*
*
*