 From: Robin Netherton <ro...@netherton.net>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Terms for pants

One of my favorite speakers on costume history once began a lecture at an
international conference by saying, "I considered giving this presentation
wearing knickers and a vest." The Americans in the audience may have thought
she had a quirky fashion sense, but the Brits were horrified. The speaker went
on to discuss the problems of fashion terminology in historical sources.

--Robin