On Mar 30, 2013, at 8:04 AM, . . wrote:

Also, in the Victorian age, they loved doing exactly what you are doing - taking antique dresses and outfits to wear to fancy balls. Do you have any idea how many we lost during that time period? How many not only Rococo but Elizabethan outfits? Just because someone wanted to look pretty and was incapable of thinking about the historic value of the item in their hands.

There was also a practice, I think it was called drizzling, where they would take old medieval fabrics or embroideries and pick out the metal, gold and silver, to melt down.

-Carol