Hi,

So far the H2 source code is compatible to Java 1.4. I like to use
generics, extended for loops, and so on. Java 5.0 concurrency
utilities are not required and I don't plan to use them in the near
future.

Java 1.4 could still be supported using Retrotranslator, Retroweaver,
or using -target jsr14:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jtp02277.html
http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net
http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net

Would this be a problem for anybody? Does anybody have experience
using any of the above technologies?

Regards,
Thomas

P.S. I didn't know about -target jsr14. Here is an example:

public class TestJSR14 {
        for(String a : args) {
            System.out.println(a);
        }
    }
}
javac -source 1.5 -target jsr14 TestJSR14.java