On Jun 23, 10:41 pm, Kerry Sainsbury <ke...@fidelma.com> wrote:
> I certainly cannot see an example of it in those links -- am I missing
> something?

No, you're not missing something.

I prefer the way HSQLDB 2.0 does triggers over your suggestion of
adding java into the database.

The built in procedural language in HSQLDB 2.0 can do what your
example does but it's simpler.

For more complex scenarios both H2, and HSQLDB can use classes in .jar
files in the classpath for the trigger. Some of the advantages of
doing it this way are: the JIT compiler applies to the trigger code
(performance advantage), debuggable in an IDE, can use other libraries
in the classpath instead of being limited to H2 and java classes,
etc..

I don't think that adding a .jar file into the classpath is a big
deal.

Brish