Hi,
Here is the steps to import H2 in eclipse
1. You should have some svn plugin in eclipse (I use subclipse).
2. Checkout http://h2database.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/h2/ as new
project using New project wizard
3. Configure new java project this way:
 - remove src folder from source folders;
 - add to source folders: src/main , src/test, src/tools
 - add to build path tools.jar from your {jdk path}/lib
4. Run target 'download' from build.xml to download additional jars.
They will be downloaded to folder {H2 project name}/ext
5. Add all these jars to the build path
After that the project should not have any dependency problems
6. Also to use correct code style you should import code style
settings from  {H2 project name}/src/installer/eclipse.settings/
eclipseCodeStyle.xml

About your errors with deleting files. Why you store the project to
Program Files? If you have Vista or 7 the problem is that the program
should be started as admin to modify these folders.
And next time if you asking something about your problems - explain
exactly what you did, what you expected and what you actually got.

@Kerry
> > I hate Eclipse. Whenever I try to use the damned thing it spits out all
> > sorts of nonsense, and breaks in mysterious ways.

I don't hate IDEA just find eclipse more convenient for me. If it
doesn't work for you - you just don't understand it. Even the best
instrument will be useless in monkey hands. So this is the reason to
blame yourself but not eclipse.

regards,
S.Vladykin