> The main reason is that those connections are configured basing on
> data received from a client (databaseName, user, password) while we
> already have pre-configured connections pointing to a proper database
> used by application.

May be you should configure your clients properly instead of PgServer?

Of course you can prepare the patch, see
http://h2database.com/html/build.html#providing_patches
but anyways in my view PgServer should not use DataSource directly, it
should be some kind of connection factory interface and its default
implementation should do just that PgServerThread does now to create
new connection. In implementation for your application then you can
wrap DataSource or get connections from anywhere you want.