Perhaps we need to implement some kind of default timeout on how long a transaction can stay open?

On 2012-02-16 11:44, Thomas Mueller wrote:
Hi,

I would first analyze why it grows so much. Possibly an uncommitted transaction?

Regards,
Thomas

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Wolfgang Pedot<wpe...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I have a related question:

Triggered by this request I tried what happens if I execute "shutdown
compact" but do not close my connection-pool as well and as one
could have expected the database was reopened at the first query after
the shutdown without a problem. I also tried starting a new
transaction while
the compact was busy and that worked as well.

I guess this is not quite so different from what you are trying to
implement (DB-Lock), are there any dangers to this aproach?
The nice thing is that I dont have to restart my application, I just
let it reopen the database. It does block all access to the database
during operation but thats fine with me.

regards
Wolfgang Pedot