I have just added support (revision 4861) for passing additional arguments into custom TableEngine implementations.

You can try it out in tonight's nightly build.

The syntax looks like
CREATE TABLE t1(id int, name varchar) ENGINE com.acme.MyEngine WITH "param1", "param2"

And the parameters are available as a list of strings in the tableEngineParams field of CreateTableData

Regards, Noel Grandin

On 2013-05-30 17:12, Andrew Franklin wrote:
The way I see it, the TableEngine interface has the potential to enable traditional SQL access to many NoSQL style stores, while removing the burden of implementing a JDBC driver (and SQL parser) and enabling the developer to concentrate on the much smaller task of the data to table adapter portion.

In my specific use case, each table would have a different path; but there may be other optional config options that are specific to the engine that could be passed in. Examples might include map fill factors, debugging options?

I'm wary of YAGNI too; so if there is an alternative to my suggestion then I'm happy to look into it instead.