Hi,

Well, do you use two-phase commit? Could you check if there are any
in-doubt transactions, by running "select * from
information_schema.in_doubt"? If yes, those transactions need to be either
rolled back or committed first.

If no, then I wonder whether you explicitly open the database in read-only
mode, or possibly don't have access rights to write to the file.

Regards,
Thomas