Thank you both for your assistance.

Ryan, it’s comforting to know that someone has accomplished something
similar, which inclines me to go ahead and build a prototype. I have just a
couple more questions:

   1.

   I would prefer to avoid generating/transmitting a file, unless there is
   a compelling architectural rationale, as that will complicated the Web
   Service/queueing architecture. My plan would be to SCRIPT the database to a
   string and compress the string (e.g. using GZIPOutputStream). The string
   would then be sent via RESTful service, queued, dequed, decompressed, and
   sent to RUNSCRIPT to recreate the H2 database in-memory. Does this seem
   reasonable (again remembering that the string is typically 10-30K and will
   really never exceed 100K)?
   2.

   Rembering that I’m competely new to H2, I want to make sure H2 supports
   dynamic SCRIPT/RUNSCRIPT calls, not just command line usage, and that your
   experience doing that has been positive.

Anything else I should watch out for?