Hi,

I've been looking for an in-memory key-value database. I couldn't find
anything (that was missing deal breaker features), so I spent several days
writing my own one, and then realised how hard it was ;). I did some more
investigation and thankfully found MVStore.

Anyway, I think it provides pretty much everything I need (which is
fantastic!). One of the things it doesn't do is something similar to
serializable transaction isolation. I would like to get reads of values to
either block until the other writing-transactions finish, or fail so I can
re-execute at a later time.

So, I was wondering, if I wanted to plug this functionality in, whether you
guys had any hints on the best way to go about that? I was assuming that
since H2 itself supports serializable isolation, that this can be easily
implemented on top? Maybe, if you think it's useful, I can even make my
code generic enough that it is useful for others, as an optional component
for MVStore.

I also would like to customise the support for 2-phase commit. I would like
to apply my application's optimistic locking checks in the prepare phase
(which I can do externally), but after taking write locks in the prepare
phase to enforce the contract of these checks on commit. Does that seem
possible?

Anyway, thanks very much for your work.

Kieron Wilkinson