My Email doesn't appear have come through.. sending again.

Sounds like trouble there!. A would still be updating metadata, and if B is reading from metadata then it might be in a corrupted state. That would be my guess. Have no idea really. But I wouldn't do it if you were counting it on it work consistently. Might work 99.9% of the time then do something strange. I might be completely off though.