Yes, I see the point. PageBtreeIndex is a bit to deep and to specific.
Studying the code to more detail, I've found RegularTable to do 90% of what
I need. It must get a custom ScanIndex and a way to update all indexes but
the ScanIndex (for changes coming from the Notes side). And that's it. Of
course I must write a ScanIndex that links to the Notes Database (but
that's the more familiar part ;-) )
I'll give that a try and let you know of the outcomings ... ;-)

Thanks a lot for any help and hints!